Hello there everyone!
It's Spring break! This is the time of year where everyone leaves town down for a break. This Spring Break my family & I won't be traveling so that means it's spring cleaning time. I always thought that I did a good job of decluttering, specially when it came around this time of year, but the truth of it is that I am not looking at all the things I had, I was a mess. 

It's taking me till this week to admit to myself that I get attach to insignificant things & it is hard to let go. But I am also at a point of my life where I have grown a lot as a person & I have "decluttered" myself mentally from this past year that it is time for my surroundings to reflect the progress I have made as a person. It was not easy & it took hours but I was able to get rid of almost half if not more of what I had & it felt like I have let go of the things that needed to go & kept the ones that will help me move on.
I would like to share with you 5 things that helped me keep my mind focused & have a happy successful spring cleaning.

Know What Is & Isn't Important 
In order get rid of the things you don't need you have to know where you stand in life & what is important. Maybe a high school math notebook might not be at all significant anymore but a drawing book from kinder might. Be clear with yourself & have a mental image of the importance of things you want to keep the ones that don't meet it are more than likely not worth keeping.

Don't Think Twice
When you are trying to declutter, you are getting rid of the things you don't need, if you have to think twice about keeping something most of the time you will find an excuse to keep it. The best thing to do is not think twice about it once you made the decision don't look back & feel happy with your decision.

Play Some Music
Okay this might not be that serious but it sure help a lot. My sister & I share rooms so cleaning is always team work, but we manage to make it an adventure by playing 80's classics or Disney soundtracks. Keep the energy going specially when you start to loose focus or get bored &
playing music can make the task fun.

Make It A Good Deed 
Most of the time a lot of the things we don't need, are still in good condition just because we don't need them that doesn't mean that someone else can make a good use of it. There are many local shelters you can give your stuff to donate, also charities, or maybe you know of someone that might need them don't make money give instead & you will benefit with joyous blessings. 

Let Yourself Feel Good
It is okay to feel afraid to let go & sometimes a little guilt but don't let it get to you. It is good to let go of things, new things can be exciting & are waiting to make their story. Make this fun, enjoy doing it, & know that it does beyond a spring cleaning it is therapeutic. It might be something that sounds so little & simple but be proud & happy with it & it becomes much bigger than it all.


I am so content with how it all went, my entire house has a new feel to it that it is perfect for the spring. These are somethings that helped me, Do you do spring cleaning? What are your things that help you? I hope you all have a great Friday & wonderful weekend.



With Love, Celeste 

Xxx