Hello there everybody!
After dealing with an overwhelming stress & anxiety these past two weeks, a trip to the New Mexico mountains was just what I needed to put the heart & mind at ease. 
It' not the first time I came to this little ski town, we come here at least once a year sometimes for a day, sometimes for a week. It is only a couple of hours from where I live & it makes the perfect get away from the city.

At the beginning of the year my aunt & uncle invited my family & I to their cabin in Ruidoso, New Mexico, setting the date for this past weekend.
 Little did I know it would be a memory I want to treasure for a really long time.


From the very beginning  it was already so special & magical.
 The entrance to where the cabin is at had castle towers & with the name Black Forest, it was like going into fairy tale. Getting down I took a deep breath taking the  the smell is so fresh & clean it was like a Christmas tree candle but much better plus my asthmatic lungs really appreciated it. 

After settling in, going t the store & eating lunch. My cousins, siblings & I decided to go for a walk in the forest. We walked along the pavement just talking & enjoying the beauty of nature we saw a couple of deer on the way they were adorable munching on grass & moss. Then we decided to head the opposite direction back to the entrance & take some pictures in the towers. 


On the way back passing the cabin we saw that the deer were now at our cabin being feed by my aunt & parents but instead of telling us to stay & watch they told us to keep going because we were too loud. So as the great kids we are we listened & kept with our destination to the castle towers. We took many pictures, had many laughs but after a while it started to get a bit chilly & dark so we headed up the hill to the cabin.

Back in the cabin we relaxed in the room for a bit & got ready to go to church. We went to this really cute little church in the middle of town where even the altar was made of beautiful wood carvings. After mass we headed back to the cabin for dinner. We ate, made s'mores & I even baked little pineapple cheesecakes. Finishing our sugar indulgence,we grabbed our blankets & headed outside to the balcony. 


There is something quite majestic about the sky in the forest, it really allows you to take in the wonderful beauty of it all. I was taking to my parents telling them how I just wanted to freeze that moment. The moon, big & bright that highlight the dark mountain forest, the wonderful fresh aroma of the trees, the sound of the breeze & leaves.

 It is so calming & happy you really can't think of anything else but the beauty of it all. I had the best sleep I've had in sometime & I recharged not only physically but mentally & emotionally too just by being there. 


The next morning we took it with ease, ate a delicious meal made my my aunt & parents. After we took our time to get ready we went on a walk again. This time with more than enough time & sunlight we walked further in the mountain. It was just breathtaking, I mean this in two was having that it was absolutely beautiful & because it was a higher elevation that I am not use to, or I am just way out of shape.

We turned around headed our new direction & eventually found a little creek. After a long walk we sat by the creek in silence just cherishing the wonderful sound of the water cascading the rocks. It was the cherry on top of nature's beauty of this little ski town. 
A while later, we went back up the hill to the cabin & packed our things & headed home. 


It was such a small trip but I enjoyed it so much it felt like a week. It also wan't some big wild adventurous trip but it was the best little escape from the very busy lives we have. I feel so relaxed & motivated to take down the next weeks & I am also looking forward as there is the possibility of going back in a couple of weeks. But in case I start to feel overwhelmed or anxious again, like I told my family, I can just close my eyes & picture that I am there & it makes it a bit better. 

It was the best weekend so far this year & I am very blessed & thankful for it all. Do you take any family trips? What is your relaxation get away? What would your dream relaxation getaway consist of? Let me know in the comments. have a beautiful week.


With Love, Celeste

 Xxx