Hello there everyone!
On April 30th in the Mexican culture celebrates 'El Dia Del Ninio', kids day just like mother's & father's day but for kids. It really got me to think of the many things I loved about being a kid, one of the things that has impacted me a lot from young are movies. I love movies they have always been a part of my life & most of my favorite movies are from my childhood.

There is just something magical & beautiful about 90s early 2000s movies that they don't make anymore. When you watched a movie back then, the characters were real & easy to relate. They were based on everyday life situations that were obviously exaggerated for the Hollywood screen but they taught you something you could apply to your little young life. Sometimes a movie would take you to an adventure were your imagination ran without limits & met some wonderful creatures in beautiful worlds.


They say that these last generations are growing up faster & you can really see that. Babies now have I pads & five year olds phones, when I was six the first ipod was barely invented. Regardless of these changes there have been great movies to come out but there are less of them don't carry that same vibe that older movies did. Today I will be sharing my top 10 childhood movies. 

1. The Parent Trap

2. Mary Poppins

3.  The Little Mermaid 

4. Beauty & The Beast 

5. Little Rascals 

6. The Sandlot 

7. The Goonies

8. Harry Potter 

9. The Lion King

10. School Of Rock


This was certainly a challenge there are so many movies that I love it is so hard to choose but these are the ones I think I saw the most. Without a doubt, The Parent Trap is my favorite movie I use to watch it over & over the VHS broke then we bought a second one until we got it in DVD. My favorite Princesses back in the day were Belle & Ariel, so there movies were played quite often. Two Disney films that are in my favorite along with many other are Mary Poppins & The Lion King. I remember I use to wish I could be a part of these movies to be friends with Simba & run in the African jungle or simply levitate of laughter with someone magical & caring like Mary Poppins. 


I loved adventure movies with kids, The Goonies & The Sandlot are two incredible movies that are funny but have that mystery that as a child you can help but want to discover along with them. They also held the importance of friendship & the great things that come with being there for one another. Little Rascals, though much cuter still hold this same meaning & I love that even back then they showed that girls can do what boys can do & vice versa. 

Though two completely different schools, School Of Rock & Happy Potter are ones I dreamed about being a part of. In School Of Rock I loved the idea of playing music all day long specially classic rock, I learned all the songs from the movie including the instrumental parts just because of how much I loved it. Harry Potter movies were one of the best things to ever happen to this world. I discovered this wonderful world of magic that I wanted to be a part of I wanted to turn 11 & receive that letter via owl. Though I never got that letter I discovered the books & a world that had me hooked for years & will Always hold a special place in my heart.


I am a lot late with this post but I really wanted to post something that hold such a dear place in my heart from my childhood. I wish I could have posted & talked about many other favorites like Peter Pan, Aladdin & many many others. What were your favorite movies from childhood. I hope you are having a wonderful week. 


With Love, Celeste 

Xxx