What are we going to do with our lives? What do you want to become? Are you studying, what is it? Do you want a family? 

All these are questions that you either have a question right away or have no idea at all. When I had a definite answer to all of these questions, with trust & hope in time. As I grew older these questions were no longer a fantasy of the future but a reality of time becoming present. Life changes quick that the answer I had gets cloudy & confused. I use to think that by know I would be living some of the answers I had for many of these. Being completely off from what I once had in mind can sometimes make me anxious. 

In my late teens & now early twenties finding the answers to these questions has become a real nightmare. Having adults ask you them all the time, doesn't help. I know they mean well but I will not lie the thought of actually punching them has come to mind. How do you say I don't know?


We live in a society that expects us all to have an answer to everything, from what is your favorite color to what will you live when you die. Yes, zero to one hundred but its the sad truth. People want answers & it adds to the pressure of wanting to have one. We have dreams & aspirations but just the slight uncertainty can be a reason to block the answers we want to give. Seeing other people your same age living their dreams can be a reality check to thinking you are nowhere near living yours. A lot of the time we think we are alone & that we have failed what our younger self once trusted. But as I keep saying we are not alone.

The first time I ever brought this topic up to someone, I was terrified because I was vocalizing something I was ashamed of only to have that person not only understand but relate to everything I said. Little by little I noticed that just like there are people who know everything they want to do with their lives, there are people who have no idea. The reason for it is the answer for many things because we are all different. Our life journeys are different, the outcomes are too, so why should it happen at the same time for us all.

It's okay not to know. We might hear it said but we have to really allow ourselves to think that it is indeed okay not to know. For a really long time I would have anxiety over not having an answer & gave whatever I could come up with which sometimes were lies. Yes, I will be the first to say that not knowing is awful & uncertainty can drive you insane but what I have learn is that for not knowing to be okay you have to go find the answers & not settle with not knowing.



Right now, I am at a point in life where I am making a decision that can impact my future, career. As a little girl I thought I would be an engineer, but after meeting high school calculus maths I knew it wasn't for me. After that I changed & changed thought of career which lead me to Psychology, my heart is all for it but there is a bit of uncertainty. Recently I have considered, History for a major, as I can do many things with it, being a teacher one of them. It is difficult to say which one I will decide, but maybe in the end I will be doing something completely different, but that is okay.

I am on my way to finding the answers, but I don't know, I still dream & allow those dreams to change along with me as I journey through life finding the answers because I know little by little I will find them & I will get there in the end which is what matters after all.
We will all get there.




What are things you don't know? What are you trying to find an answer to?