I share many things in my blog & if I am honest some of my favorite to write are thoughts about anything & everything. I share many personal stories of things I am struggling with or things I've overcome. By no means do I consider myself a life expert or think I am the perfect one to give advice. I also don't believe is the best out there but these are things that I have lived & maybe someone out there can relate. I write these as much for myself as I do for whoever is reading. 

Today I want to talk about something that connects to this & that is the importance of sharing your story. 

What is a story? What makes it up? For me a story in this scenario is everything that makes us up for the smallest to the biggest, our experiences, our thoughts, our actions & on. I believe that we are all in this world & there is a story to each of us.

I have always loved hearing stories getting to know a person even if just a moment can open your eyes to the beauty of humanity. We often hear a phrase 'You don't know what they are going through, you don't know their story' or something of the sort when people judge others & it's true. We complain on & on about the cruel world we live on & how we want to make this world a better place by only adding to the plague by either staying silent or not letting others be heard. We were all made different, we live different, we experience different but we can learn from each other despite our differences. 

One of the great things about the internet is that if we allow ourselves we can listen or read to stories of anyone around the world. We have seem people rise to fame by sharing a part of their stories, YouTube is a great example of it. We can know about people like Malala & all she has overcome. We know about success stories as much as know we know about tragedies that are more & more frequent. We compare ourselves to these stories & might think we are not worthy to tell it. We are too boring, too lame, uninteresting, unimportant, therefore we keep silent & believe similar to those around irl & online. 

Last week, Pope Francis gave a speech to the youth of the world & it was very powerful & motivating. He said that we live in a world were we let others decide for us, we let others control who we are, by what is popular & become a salve to society. We forget to dream & therefore don't do anything to be a better person & therefore make a better world. He challenged us to dream & be authentic, being ourselves & making this a better world.  I believe that our stories are that.

How do we share our stories? We can think that it is so complicated but it is so simple that we may not notice we already do it. A genuine smile can tell a story as much as words, how you walk, how you laugh, how you say hello, how you say goodbye, what you like, what you read, who you follow, what & who you love they all tell your story.

Stories are meant to be told, your story is meant to be told because it is you. All stories should be heard as much as they are told. I don't mean by thousand or even hundreds but if one person is to hear your story or you listen to theirs a simple exchange can be all it takes to start making this world a better place.

  
I hope you enjoyed this I've been thinking of ways to organize these kinds of post in my blog & I would like to introduce you to my new series Life Thoughts. Here I hope to share my more personal stories or deep thoughts or things I am experiencing, on a more personal level than the rest of my posts. I am quite happy with this & I am already looking forward to the next post for this. 
Thank you for reading,