I once heard an artist mention that sad things make them happy. At first I thought that made absolute no sense or that they were total masochist until I realized that I understood exactly what they meant. A few weeks ago I was listening to one of my all time favorite albums, by listening I mean full on blast in the car singing the top of my lungs out and just feeling overjoyed and happy. Only then to realize that Someone Like You and Turing Tables are not actually happy songs. I did had to think about if I was being masochistic or nostalgic. Before you think I am slightly crazy not all sad songs make me happy there are only a few that just fill me up with joy. 

I think that is because some of these songs I relate them to a certain moment of my past and now that I have moved on and I can sing them without feeling sad about that moment it makes me happy. Does that make sense? 
The songs are still the same but the meaning I have given them have changed. 


  1. All I Ask - Adele 
  2. How To Save A Life - The Fray 
  3.  Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie 
  4. Cannonball - Little Mix 
  5. Skyscraper - Demi Lovato
  6. Story Of My Life - One Direction
  7. Come What May - Moulin Rouge!
  8. When We Were Young - Adele
  9. When You're Gone - Avirl Lavigne  
  10. Stitches - Shawn Mendes 
  11. Amnesia - 5 Seconds of Summer
  12. Keep Holding On - Avirl Lavigne 
  13. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper 
  14. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse 
  15. Somewhere Only We Know - Keane


If you are going through a hard time or the heartache is new the songs wont meant to you what they do for me but that is okay.  My reasoning for writing and sharing these songs is because these songs have gone through the journey with me and I am happy they no longer make feel like they once did making their significance only greater. 

 Which songs make you happy?