I am one of the first people to sat that there is no place like home for the holidays, but I do want to one day experience travel during this time of year. I have a wanderlust that aches a desire to one day spend the holiday season somewhere different. This time of year is celebrated around the world and in each place gives their culture, tradition, and flavor to the season. I have only experienced the traditions from where I live and as much as I love it the more there is the better Christmas seems to get. If I were to make a proper list of all the places I would go it would be endless, staying with a realistic mind I have set five bucket list destinations I would love to one day travel during the holidays.

Mexico
I celebrate my holidays with a mix of Mexican and American traditions. I know of the history and legends of some traditions that take place in Mexico but I have yet to celebrate a holiday over there. I would love to celebrate with my distant family I have over there, I get to see them once every blue moon, and they are always filled with warmth, love and laughter. I would love to be able to celebrate a traditional Posada, singing carols in Spanish, go to Misa de Gallo (Christmas Midnight Mass), and have some of the best food in the world. 

Paris
I took four year of French in high school and we didn't just learn the language but of the history and culture of France. There is something that calls me to want to go to Paris for the holidays I don't if it's because it's the City of Lights and the City of Love, most likely the combination of both that makes it ideal for the season. Walking around the streets of Paris with some Chocolat Chaud, visiting landmarks and taking in the beauty of the city. I would love to visit some of the light displays, the Christmas markets, eat some delicous des pâtisseries. Putting into practice all I learn in four years is also a good excuse to visit, and I can sing to Petit Papa Noël to show I still remember. 


Scotland
I find this country to be enchanting and full of wonder. I've seen photos and it looks like what imagine old fairy tales took place. That feeling is the same that makes me believe that it will be perfect for Christmas time. The light displays I have seen, look so breathtaking and extremely festive, with Christmas markets just seems lovely. I will admit I don't know much about traditions and the Scottish culture a part from the general but I think that is part of what intrigues me more to wan to visit and get to know what its about. 

London
You can say am a bit of an anglophile, so there is no surprise that the capital of England is in this list. There is much to do generally but during Christmas it seems all much more beautiful. I would love to once and for all taste a drink from Costa, and a mince pie. I want to own and advent calendar too! I want to see a play at the West End, and see all the fairy light displays around Oxford Circus. I want to go to Winter Wonderland and the festive markets. Maybe some shopping and an afternoon tea. Of course visit some landmarks like my old friend Ben and just feel make the most out of the wonderful season in a wonderful city. 


New York
The most cliche for last, who doesn't want to spend Christmas in NYC, right? Every other Christmas movie takes place there. Plaza Hotel, okay any hotel will do but Home Alone! I would love to go and eat a good oven brick pizza. walk around Central Park, and Times Square, shop at Macy's and visit Ground Zero to pay my respects. I want to go to the Empire State building, I don't know if I would be able to go up, I am not afraid of heights but I am of elevators so we will see how that works out. Go to mass to St. Patrick's Cathedral. I want to go to  Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree and ice skate, though I will admit I would have to learn how to skate before I go but its a dream in development. I don't think I need to say more it seems that New York is enough to make it a holiday. 


Do you have any places you would like to visit during the holidays?