We are half way through December and I can't help but reminisce on the year that has past how fast the year has gone, one thing that keeps coming to mind is of how much life changes. It can be a scary though but it is also a hopeful one. When I was younger this was terrifying I use to be the kind of person that lived in the future, a future that always seemed untouchable, that as soon as it became the present it was disappointment because it was nothing of what I dreamed of so a dream of another future. This year I have began to let go of that idea of the future, and live my present, making the most out of it, and in all honesty this is the happiest I've ever been. 

About a week ago I had a conversation with my younger brother about this. He was asking if when I was fifteen, his age, if I pictured my life the way it is. Of course not, my life is no where near what I had once pictured but I feel blessed and happier that i had imagined. At this point in my life I thought I would be in a long term relationship, with a totally different career, close to graduating and about to walk down the aisle. Hahaha! Oh my younger self! Now I am happy that this is not my reality because I know that I am not ready for it, maybe and eventually I will be but I am more than okay with the present that I am living. 


I feel that each day I am more myself, I am the most happy I have been. Life isn't perfect but I am enjoying it very much. We walk around either living in a past that can't change and a future that can change at any given moment. Life is great, and we should enjoy our present, being mindful of it. 

Mindful, is something that I have only just have realize the true meaning and the wonder it brings into one's life. Mindfulness is being aware of one's present in that given moment acknowledging feelings, situations,  thoughts, sensations. We live in a life where it is easy to lose ourselves and forget the present we are living, even now me writing this is for you to be reading this in the near future. There is nothing wrong with looking forward to the future, or our past, it is part of our human life but not living the present is where we are wrong. You can't create a future without making the present worth while and a past to look back on. Being mindful allows you to savor life and in all forms.  

I hadn't realize that that is what I had been working on for the past year that I couldn't be happier with that choice. My life has changed, life is evolutionary, I have lost friends,and people, I have gained new ones and met wonderful people, that is life. Most of the time I have no idea what I am doing, I can see what the picture will look like at the end, but I am trying to make the most of it. 

I wanted to write about this for my fourth Life Thoughts series, because it is perfect for end of year reflection and to apply in hope for a better year. I would love to hear on your opinion on this, and chat some more feel free to leave a comments. Have a wonderful day/night wherever you are. 

Thank you for reading,