For a really long time I had feared having to take my wisdom teeth out, I had heard many stories of what is was like to take your wisdom teeth out and I saw videos of people recording themselves which freaked me out. Now that I have got through two surgeries for wisdom teeth removal I feel like my experience was different from what it is mostly heard of. I wanted to write about this because it is a milestone but mostly because I have a pain that comes and goes to remind me of the whole thing, so there we go.


Story


It all began this past October when I was having a really bad tooth ache then it turn out that it was my wisdom teeth pushing onto my other teeth. after they did the x-rays, you can totally see that there is no space for them to come out so they will be pushing there rest of my teeth and creating lots of pain if I didn't take them out. My dentist wanted to get the ones causing the pain out first he said he would do the other two later on, which was yesterday.

  I have a strong tolerance for pain that wasn't what scared me, the idea of being loopy losing control is what scared the crap out of me, there is a reason I don't drink people! I rather receive anesthetic injections than being put to sleep which did, I can understand why people would prefer that but I honestly can't. The procedure didn't last long they numb me out and once the anesthesia was strong enough they began surgery which was sort of quick, in all honesty I didn't feel a thing well the first time. Yesterday, they anesthesia process was the same but when it came to the surgery, my bottom tooth had attachment issues and it did not what to leave me. It was sort of hocked and the doctor who kept checking on me the entire time lasted about 30 minutes until he decided to split the tooth then take it out, then lasted about a minute with the top one. The surgery was very different the second time which sort of scared me for the post-surgery time.

After the surgery in October I felt fine, of course the anesthesia was still in my system, as soon as the nighttime came around I was thanking God for the creation of pain killers. Yes the pain is real and finding a comfortable position to sleep is a nightmare. I can say that I suffered the most with eating having that I couldn't eat properly for a couple of days. The second day seem to be okay I was still bleeding a bit in the morning but was fine the rest of the day . The third day I woke up with my half 
my face resembling a chipmunk,  and the fourth day went the same. It wasn't until the fifth day that everything seem better a part from the fact that I couldn't talk or eat because of the stitches. As soon as I got them removed everything seem back to normal. 

Yesterday, after the surgery I came home and felt overall okay. It wasn't until a couple of hours after when I definitely felt the anesthesia leaving that it began to hurt, thank the Lord Almighty that my medication was ready to pick up. There was the typical bleeding, and pain here and there. I was able to sleep comfortable last night and the pain has been minimal,until right now that I am editing this. I have no idea what to expect in the next days to come but I am hoping it heals and it is bearable. 


Advice


The whole situation is not the best but you can make the most out of out if from lots of rest and following doctor's instructions. Make sure to clean and use plenty of gauze pads to ease the bleeding. Take your medications as said, trust me this is the secret for minimal pain. Swelling is normal and means your mouth is haling, don't be scared of it, just be prepared from banter and jokes as you look hilarious. Avoid eating anything with small bits, crunchy, only soft foods, at first I had no idea how I was going to live but I have found a few recipes here, here, and here. I laugh a lot and I believe even more than food this is the most difficult as it is painful to laugh but just keep in mind that you will soon laugh at it. No exercise or any activity that requires high energy as you can open the wound and elongate the healing process. 

Rest, rest, rest. 

You are sort of being forced to rest as you can't do much or the pain won't let you but there is much to do to pass the time and not go insane. Last time, I was in the middle of the semester so homework and makeup work from my absences was how I spend that week. Now that I am free I have come up with a plan of the things to do. I have been working on my blog with many posts on the way. I have been catching up on YouTube and enjoying vlogmas. Tomorrow I will be blogging and catching up with my fellow bloggers, hopefully the rest of the week I will be more active online too. Netflix is a great friend in times like these as well, I am done with Fuller House Season 2, the Santa Clause now on too which is everything! I am tempted to re watch F.R,I.E.N.D.S and I will most likely make time for a Harry Potter marathon. Well these are things I love, you watch and do what you love the key is to rest and before you know it it will all be over, that's what I keep telling myself...

Have you gotten your wisdom teeth taken out? What was your experience like? Any advice?

Thank you,